Opening soon in less than a month away, will be a brand new addition towards The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure for “Hagrid’s Motorbike Adventure”. Located in the Hogsmead section of the park and this attraction replaced the former Dueling Dragons roller coaster.
Source: (©Universal Orlando Resort)
Some members of the media were invited to get a sneak preview of this “story coaster” with innovative technology and immersive story environments that witches and wizards will get experience opening up on June 13th, 2019.
Here are some of those details that you can experience from the Harry Potter novels and films for this new attraction.
- The Forbidden Forest has over 1,200 live trees that brings the forest to life as where guests will enter the ruins that are centuries old and are abandoned that sit right behind Hagrid’s hut. This was in collaboration with Universal Creative’s Production Designer, Stuart Craig from the Harry Potter films and Art Director, Alan Gilmore. This is where your introduction of a classroom for “Care of Magical Creatures” begins.
- The detailed and immersive environment sets will feature; dragon eggs on the verge of hatching, a makeshift nursery where Hagrid keeps his Blast-Ended Skrewts in a terrarium before they outgrew for their size. The pre-show will also include some similar faces from the Harry Potter franchise such as; Arthur Weasley, Hagrid of course and his loyal dog, Fang. You will plunge deeper into the Forbidden Forest and come face to face with some of the most rarest magical creatures from The Wizarding World.
- The motorbike vehicle and sidecar allows riders to choose of what they want to ride. It will be most launches in the theme park industry with a total of 7 launches reaching speeds up towards 50 miles per hour.
- Their will be a “free-fall vertical drop” element for Hagrid’s attraction as it will drop you nearly 17 feet. This will be a first for Universal for having that ride element where, over at Busch Gardens Willamsburg for one of their coasters, “Verbolten” also features the same “free-fall vertical drop”.
- This will be one of the longest “story coasters” in Florida, measuring a mile in length of track (5,053 feet) that will be launched up too 65 feet in the air at a 70-degree angle and a drop backwards in one movement.
To recap from the previous details for Hagrid’s attraction can be found here to read upon. Express Pass will not be accepted on opening day but, will later on being reported by park officials at Universal Orlando.
Check out the POV that Universal Orlando has released down below and get ready to explore the next chapter at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, opening up on June 13th, 2019!
For everything Universal Parks & Resorts and all other themed entertainment news, keep checking back here at SkywalkingAdventure.com.
Source: Universal Orlando