As it was announced back at the D23 2017 Expo, that many changes are coming towards Epcot’s transformation and the future for it’s guests with new experiences and attractions. This will be Epcot’s multi-year transformation in preparation for Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary in 2021 as Disney are making Epcot, “more timeless, more family friendly, and more Disney”.
Disney has confirmed many details for venues at the park that will be shutting down temporary and permanently for good later this year, that will be starting in the Fall towards the Winter season.
Artist Concept Only as Epcot will be undergoing a big transformation for Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary. Source: (©Disney)
Here are the permanent closures for Epcot:
- The Fountain View that has the popular coffee shop for Starbucks will be relocated towards a temporary spot as the last day of operation will be on Saturday, November 23rd, 2019. New venue location TBA for the future
- Club Cool hosted by Coca-Cola for that venue and it’s closure and will be relocated towards a new location for it’s merchandising location and will be closing on September 8th, 2019. New venue location is TBA for the future.
- Pin Central that is near the Fountain of Nations that will be relocating towards a temporary spot during the park’s refurbishment before moving the Camera Center. Closing date is September 8th, 2019.
- Camera Center will be relocated towards towards the former Pin Central as it’s new home for camera merchandise.
- Heritage Manor Gifts by The American Adventure Gift at the American Pavilion will be the new home spot for Art of Disney, that closes on September 8th, 2019.
- Innoventions East that has Colortopia and Nanooze Break will run it’s last day of operation on September 7th, 2019 and close on September 8th, 2019.
- Character Spot and Character Spot North will also close on September 8th, 2019.
- The Fountain of Nations will be part of the closure to close on September 8th, 2019.
Innoventions will part of Epcot’s closures for it’s multi-year transformation of the park. Source: (©Disney)
Here are the relocation changes for Epcot:
- Minnie Mouse will move towards the World Showcase Gazebo
- Daisy Duck will move towards The American Adventure
- Mickey Mouse and Goofy will still have temporary appearances for guests, in Innoventions West, and Mickey will be getting a new location in the Imagination Pavilion.
- Goofy, Baymax, Joy and Sadness from Disney•Pixar’s “Inside Out” will be given homes, for a new location that and are TBA.
- Winnie the Pooh will return back towards the U.K. Pavilion in September and guests can meet him in Christopher Robin’s bedroom.
- Electric Umbrella hosted by Coca-Cola will be closing this year in the winter. Located in Future World by Innoventions East and details are scarce if it will be relocated or something new will be taking over it. New dining options will become available later in the future and the last day of operation will be on Saturday, November 23rd, 2019.
- Mouse Gear will be relocating towards a temporary location for it’s refurbishment this winter for the retail location, while it’s current location will be “reimagined” according towards Disney. Closing date for refurbishment is TBA
Joy and Sadness from Disney•Pixar’s “Inside Out” and guests other favorite Disney friends will be given new homes for the future. Source: (©Disney)
Spaceship Earth as the park’s main symbol is rumored to be closing for a refurbishment some point for the first half of 2020 but, won’t be ready in time for the 50th anniversary in 2021 due towards the refurbishment.
For now all these big details and changes will be explained more at this year’s D23 Expo for the future of Epcot and rest of the Parks & Resorts, that will be on Friday, August 23rd- Sunday, August 25th, 2019.
Details will be updated for anything developing for Epcot’s multi-year transformation and stay tuned!
For everything Disney Parks & Resorts and all other themed entertainment news, keep checking back here at SkywalkingAdventure.com.