Step through the comic book pages and screen because “Creepshow” is officially coming towards this year’s Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood. The announcement was made at the annual Midsummer Scream convention today that was presented by Creative Director and Executive Producer, John Murdy.
The 1982 film and the upcoming all new series, that will premiere on Shudder’s streaming service coming this year in September will be a mixture of both for the maze. The series will be reimagined by make up artist, director, and executive producer Greg Nicotero (The Walking Dead) and where guests will take part of the anthology series to experience five terrible tales of horror that will be hosted by The Creep, who the skeletal host of the comic book.
Experience the anthology series of terrible events of “Creepshow” at this year’s Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood. Source: (©Universal Studios Hollywood)
Here’s what Greg Nicotero and John Murdy had to say more of what guests can expect at this year’s event:
“I’ve partnered with Universal Studios Hollywood and ‘Halloween Horror Nights’ for years and it’s a thrill to bring ‘Creepshow’ to life for the fans as part of this year’s iconic event,” said Greg Nicotero. “I consider myself honored to have had the opportunity to work alongside George Romero and many other groundbreaking filmmakers who have inspired me. So to be able to create a television show based on the Creepshow movie, and then see it come to life as a ‘Halloween Horror Nights’ maze is a great way to pay tribute to this legendary filmmaker and introduce this incredible anthology series to a fans old and new.”
“We’re thrilled to bring this beloved horror classic to ‘Halloween Horror Nights’ as well as introduce our fans to the upcoming Shudder series,” said John Murdy, Executive Producer, “Halloween Horror Nights.” We’ve had a long association with Greg Nicotero as part of ‘Halloween Horror Nights’ and getting the opportunity to again work with his talented special effects team at KNB FX brings a whole other level of authenticity to this incredible maze experience.”
Capturing the essence of the original film that is being coined, “the most fun you’ll have getting scared,” to Shudder’s “a new generation of horror has risen from the dead,” the five frightening fables featured in the maze include:
- “Father’s Day” – Years ago Nathan Grantham, the cruel patriarch of the wealthy Grantham family, was murdered by his long-suffering daughter on Father’s Day. Now Nathan’s maggot-infested corpse has risen from the grave to take revenge on his inheritors…and finally claim his Father’s Day cake.
- “The Crate” – An unlucky janitor finds a long-forgotten shipping crate under the stairs of a science hall in a small east coast college. Little does he know, the crate contains a ravenous beast that’s been hibernating for over a hundred years…and it’s just woken up.
- “They’re Creeping Up On You” – Eccentric billionaire Upson Pratt lives in a hermetically sealed “germ proof” penthouse apartment in Manhattan but he still has a bug problem. When a citywide blackout cuts his power, Mr. Pratt’s pest problem is about to get a whole lot worse.
- “Gray Matter” – Ritchie Grenadine, an alcoholic former factory worker, unknowingly ingests a strange mutagen after guzzling a can of cheap beer. Now an alien fungus has taken over his rundown apartment and his body…creating in him an insatiable hunger that can’t be quenched by his favorite ale.
- “Bad Wolf Down” – The surviving members of a decimated American army platoon in the North of France during World War II are holed up in a small village jail awaiting the German army to overwhelm them. The clever lot, however, have an ace up their sleeve that the German’s won’t expect; the men are all werewolves and tonight is a full moon.
Halloween Horror Nights begins on September 13th-November 3rd, 2019 on selected nights at Universal Studios Hollywood.
Midsummer Scream is the fourth year running at the Long Beach Convention & Entertainment Center as largest Southern California Halloween and horror convention.
Check out today’s announcement down below for “Creepshow” and for everything Universal Parks & Resorts and all other themed entertainment news, keep checking back here at SkywalkingAdventure.com.
Source: Inside Universal