We are under matter of days away for the second grand opening of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Disneyland Resort on January 17th, 2020. The attraction is still the hottest ticket and attraction in town at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort with record shattering for distribution of virtual boarding groups gone within matter of seconds, shown earlier this month at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Before the grand opening Disney posted on their official blog earlier this week for some things you need to know, that will follow the same system for Walt Disney World Resort.
Here’s what you need to know for riding one of the largest attractions ever for Rise of the Resistance:
1.) Download the official Disneyland mobile app
This will be your main source and tool in order to ride Rise of the Resistance as this is how you will able to join the virtual boarding groups (will be explained down below) and how to navigate through out Galaxy’s Edge. Make sure to download the mobile app ahead of time.
2.) Virtual Boarding Groups Explained:
Ahead of the attraction’s opening on January 17th, 2020 as guests will join a virtual queue system to help deliver the best guest experience as possible. As this system puts guests into a wait time frame and allows them to explore Galaxy’s Edge until their official boarding group is called. The Disneyland app will have a dedicated module for Rise of the Resistance in being detailed by Disney.
Here’s how it works out:
- Request to join a boarding group to ride the attraction, once you have entered Disneyland park. The virtual queue will not be available until published park opening hours.
- Boarding groups will be sent a push notification when it is their turn to enter the attraction queue and you can monitor status of boarding groups from the app.
- There also will be the ability to join a boarding group from select locations inside Disneyland park, if you are not using the app. The boarding group is tied to admission that will be scanned upon entry of the attraction.
- Signage throughout the park will also display boarding group status.
- Admission into Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will be subject to capacity, and having an assigned boarding group will not guarantee entrance to the attraction.
As a recommendation is arrive towards the park early (an hour or more ahead of time) much like for Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World and to be inside of the park at it’s approximate opening time to join the boarding groups immediately.
Disneyland is allowing guests to join only one boarding group per day, so no re-riding the attraction and no Fastpasses will be available for opening day according to Theme Park Insider.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge was invested for $2 billion USD between both Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort as one the largest expansions ever built between Walt Disney Imagineering and Lucasfilm Ltd., and soon Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance for the second addition for Disneyland will be completed in matter of days away!
For everything Disney Parks & Resorts and all other themed entertainment news, keep checking back here at SkywalkingAdventure.com.