At yesterday’s Disney Parks and Resorts, Experiences and Products panel at the D23 Expo 2019 that was hosted by Bob Chapek as chairman and joined by Zach Riddley of Walt Disney Imagineering with other special guests made some big announcements for the future of Epcot.
Epcot will be getting the neighborhood treatment much like Pixar Pier did for their complete overhaul change at Disney California Adventure. The four names of the neighborhoods will be; World Showcase, World Celebration, World Nature and World Discovery as they will be filled with new experiences that is embedded in the roots of authenticity and innovation. Some of the information was briefly shared from the media preview from last week Thursday for Epcot and which you can read about it here.
Here’s a breakdown of those four neighborhoods as part of the future of Epcot:
Guests visiting towards World Showcase know that this section of the park is a celebration of culture, cuisine, architecture, and tradition mixed with magic.
- Mary Poppins is getting her first ever attraction in which you can read about it here to learn more about it.
- Illuminations: Reflections of Earth will be ending on September 30th, 2019 that will be replaced by a limited run show called, “Epcot Forever” that begins on October 1st, 2019. In 2020, the new “HarmonioUS” will debut as the largest Disney nighttime spectacular ever created.
“It will celebrate how the music of Disney inspires people the world over, carrying you away harmoniously on a stream of familiar Disney tunes reinterpreted by a diverse group of artists from around the globe. “HarmonioUS” will feature massive floating set pieces, custom-built LED panels”
Artist Concept Only for “HarmonioUS” that will be a permanent show at Epcot. Source: (©Disney)
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure is under construction currently at the France Pavilion all the way from Disneyland Paris will be opening up in Summer 2020. You can the full details about Remy from the last D23 Expo here.
- The France pavilion will be also getting a brand new restaurant that will be both quick-service and table sitting which will be called, La Crêperie de Paris that will be featuring a menu from celebrity chef Jérôme Bocuse.
- The countries of France, Canada and China are getting brand new updated films and which you can read about it here to learn more. All of them are opening up in January 2020.
- World Celebration at Epcot’s neighborhoods that will offer new experiences to connect one around and around the world.
- Spaceship Earth will still remain the grand icon of the park as guests voyage through time that reflects the power of storytelling. New narration and an entirely new score will focus on the moments and ideas that define our story. You will follow a “magical light” that brings the experience to life in dynamic ways, giving each scene energy and beauty that ties the entire journey together.
- A brand new pavilion will be the home base for Epcot’s live events and annual festivals. It will be a three leveled structure with will feature a plaza level, middle level expo level, and a park that sits on the top level.
Artist Concept Only for the new pavilion for upcoming transformation of Epcot. Source: (©Disney)
- Epcot will be getting a complete new entrance plaza, a re imagined water fountain, and lush green agriculture that will pay homage towards the origins of Epcot. You can read the full details here to learn more about.
- Dreamers Point will be name as you exit Spaceship Earth in taking a new view from World Showcase to Dreamers Point. It will feature a statue of Walt Disney who envisioned Epcot that will feature beautiful natural environments and global design elements that will be filled with Disney magic and surprises. Including a wishing tree in an enchanted forest and a story fountain celebrating the power and music of iconic Disney storytelling.
The exit of Dreamers Point as part the upcoming transformation of Epcot. Source: (©Disney)
Statue of Walt Disney that will be part of Epcot’s upcoming transformation that will be located at Dreamer’s Point. Source: (©BigFatPanda.com)
The new entrance for Epcot’s upcoming transformation completely redesigned. Source: (©Disney)
- The World Nature area of the transformation of Epcot will focus on the understanding and preserving the beauty and balance of the natural world. It will include The Land and The Seas with Nemo & Friends pavilions.
- Journey of Water, Inspired by “Moana” was of the announcements made last week from the D23 Expo 2019 and can be read up here for full details.
- The Land pavilion’s new film, “Awesome Planet” in which will showcase the beauty, diversity and dynamic story of the planet. The new film will debut in January 2020 along with the new World Showcase country pavilion films that are getting updated.
- World Discovery is about science, technology and intergalactic adventure come to life.
- At the D23 Expo 2019 yesterday confirmed the title for the Guardians of the Galaxy attraction and will be called Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind. Some of the details were shared last year and here’s rest of those details of what the story is for the attraction:
Artist Concept only for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind coming to Epcot. Source: (©Disney)
“The adventure starts in the “Galaxarium,” a planetarium-like exhibition that explores the similarities and mysteries of the formation of Earth’s galaxy and Xandar. You will be invited to learn more about the treasures Xandar has to share – until the moment when the Guardians of the Galaxy arrive, and adventures across the cosmos ensue. The attraction will feature a new innovation from Walt Disney Imagineering – a storytelling coaster that rotates 360 degrees to focus your attention on the action, including the first reverse launch on a Disney coaster.”
- Space 220 will be the new resturant onboard a space station in giving you amazing views of earth and culinary delights. You can read the full details here to learn more about it.
- The PLAY! Pavilion will be opening in time for Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary that will be an interactive and technological pavilion that connects friends and family to play. You can read the full details here to learn more about it.
- Walt Disney Imagineering presents the Epcot Experience will be available on October 1st, 2019 at the Odyssey Events Pavilion in where guests can see the future plans for the huge transformation for the park in being underway. You can read the full details here to learn more about it.
Epcot is one Disney’s most biggest projects that they are tackling upon for the future of the resort and it’s guests. More details to come for the massive transformation.
Stay tuned for the latest coverage for D23 Expo 2019 and for everything Disney Parks & Resorts and all other themed entertainment news, keep checking back here at SkywalkingAdventure.com